Friday, March 2, 2012

JCL Library: BIOS and Processor - Wrong Results

Today, I tried to produce a unique ID for each computer. I used JCLSysInfo Delphi programming library to achieve this. I tested the below commands on a Windows 7 x86 Ultimate:
GetProcessorArchitecture();
and
GetNativeSystemInfo(sysInfo);
sysInfo.dwProcessorType
But when I restarted my computer and boot it via a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, the results were quite different. So don’t use these two commands if you need to get hardware information. The results are depend on the operating system.
I also tested the below BIOS commands:
GetBIOSCopyright());
GetBIOSName());
GetBIOSExtendedInfo());
The only result I get from them were an empty string.
FYI: My computer CPU type is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz


No comments:

Post a Comment