Thursday, May 17, 2012

Comodo Prevents Applications to Modify Windows Registry

Modifying Windows registry is a common task for applications. The installed Comodo Internet Security as the anti virus on my computer.  Each time I compile a native application and running it via the Embarcadero C++Builder, Comodo shows me a "Unrecognized Application" message and runs it in the Sand Box. 


I always click on the "Don't isolate it again" link on the Comodo message box. Usually after a few times of clicking on the mentioned link, Comodo will not show the message again. I thought that it remembers my answer and lets the application to run normally. 


When I called the functions which try to modify Windows registry, I noticed that it can not open the registry at all. This problem wastes lots of my time. I found that Comodo runs the application in the Sand Box, so it can not read or modify Windows registry keys values.


If you have such a kind of problem, check you anti virus which may prevent the application to have access to the Windows registry. For me, I disable the Defence+ feature of Comodo to be able to run the application normally when programming.



No comments:

Post a Comment